Unable to move a swept extrusion in REVIT family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to move a swept extrusion in REVIT family

KK following my recent scoldings I've decided to give in to some extent during the free time I have left in my project, I'm trying to remodel some of my components starting from scratch in REVIT.

I've created a swept path of an archway in a wall based family, I originally sketched the path and the profile away from the wall and was expecting to be able to move it into position after, then was going to create a void extrusion for the arch after. However I don't seem to be able to move the Extrusion, I've checked for constraints, I've not set any up and can't find any (unless i managed to and hide them by accident) can anyone tell me how to get this object mobile??? (see attached)
    Attached Files
    please visit my architectural site

pick the sweep, use the move command - but tick the 'disjoin' box - revit assumes certain relationship and it was stuck where revit though it should be - so you use the disjoin to unstick it.

Comment

Seems for your sweep path you have chosen to pick a model line as the path.
      This is definitely not the best way to go about making this family.
      You can't move your created sweep you actually have to move the model line you have attached it to. Hold your cursor over the sweep and TAB untill you select the model line, then press and drag or use move to move the line and the sweep will follow.
      Try to forget that other program, don't get disheartened, you will do some hard yards trying to understand how to make families but persevere, read ask questions and soon it will all make sense, then Revit will become exciting and fun and you will never look back.
      When I find time I will recreate what you are trying to acheive, unless someone else beats me to it.
      mark b
      Last edited by mark b; July 15, 2011, 01:13 PM.
      Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Here is a quick example of what you were trying to acheive, just to keep you interested. Took no more than 5mins.
        Have a play, reverse engineer it to understand how it all works, just two parameters, height and width.
        Lesson 01
        Read up on creating reference planes, locking to reference planes and creating parameters
        Attached Files
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Disjoin worked like a charm - thanks!

Comment