Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Legend For Demolition

Hi All,

Had to produce a wall legend for an alteration + addition project yesterday.
    I wanted to show a wall as demolished in the legend, as it appears on the demolition plan, which is dashed.
    Simple, drag the wall form the family browser list into the legend view and it shows as it should do if it were new work in the existing work phase. Ok no problem, I figure I could just override graphics "By Element" and change the projection and cut lineswall to dashed etc. This did not work though.

Is this correct? If so, how do others indicated demolished walls in legends?
    Andrew Harp
    BIM Manager GHD
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
    If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

I never use legends, but instead use the "Phase Before" workaround... which is basically two (or in my case three) phases, created before "New Construction"

Anno 1 (Existing) - Used to create objects that needs to show as demolished
    Anno 2 (Legend) - Used to create objects to be displayed as new, and to demolish objects created in Anno 1
    Anno 3 (Demo) - Used to demolish all objects created in Anno 2, to make sure no objects "exist" at the beginning of "New Construction"
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Thanks Klaus,
      This all makes sense, kind of. How do you use this to create a view to place on multiple sheets, similarvto a legend?
      Can you provide some more detail and work flow?

Cheers
      Andrew Harp
      BIM Manager GHD

Comment

Dependant views, of the annotation phase.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          Dependant views, of the annotation phase.
          LOL.....at the risk of receiving some flak, do you care to elaborate a bit more?
          Andrew Harp
          BIM Manager GHD

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
            LOL.....at the risk of receiving some flak, do you care to elaborate a bit more?
            Create your legend in a floor plan using the annotation phase trick as detailed above. To have it display on multiple plans you'll need to "Duplicate as Dependent" however many sheets you need to place it on.
            Michael
            Canberra, Australia

Comment