Imported AutoCAD data going crazy!!! ;(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported AutoCAD data going crazy!!! ;(

okay guys please see attached, I'm really on form with Revit today, I will crack this cumbersome program one day and will hopefully change my opinion of it lol.

Basically i've linked a cad file to my project as i want to trace over the survey data to start creating existing walls, however as you can see by the images whenever i decide to zoom in to select endpoints of walls the data goes crazy (Is there a setting somewhere to stop this happening (I have a graphics card worth about £1k so surely not that). also i seem to be having trouble picking end points/ midpoints of the raw cad data.

Please help all
    Attached Files
    please visit my architectural site

It could very well be a graphics problem. The cost of the card has very little to do with preformance. Its more about the drivers then the hardware. Without verifying your driver with Autodesk. I would change some setting within Revit. Try playing with "Detail Level" and "Visual Style"

This is very strange behavior.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

This happens to us quite a bit.... Saving a DWG in 2010 format seemed to help some....or exploding everything....making everything one width (no plines).... Sometimes I can get it to look correct, sometimes I just want to shoot my computer.
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Sounds like you are too far from the Revit origin. Your CAD file probably has huge extents or is a great distance from the Acad origin. Find the Revit origin and move the DWG linework near it. See if that fixes the problem.

Comment

how's the dwg organised? is it scaled in Model Space? Try importing it bloated to a bigger scale and rescale inside Revit.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Every time that happens in our office, the reason is some block in the DWG file. Try to explode everything as already suggested above.

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by funkys View Post
              Every time that happens in our office, the reason is some block in the DWG file. Try to explode everything as already suggested above.

best regards
              In autocad I hope...
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Looks like the dreaded "Ghosting"
                It normally happens with Survey drawings, but you may have blocks within blocks which creates an insertion point that isnt obvious in Autocad by simply going Zoom-Extents

You can run a "Burst" command, which will cleanup any blocks pretty quickly.

If that fails, after you run the burst, select with a window just the content you want, and deselect through the filter any blocks that may not be exploding. And then paste to the same co-ordinates in a fresh drawing
                Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment