Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete Stair creation question

Hi all,
    Is there a way to create concrete stairs that are flush with the ground? It's for a pool, but Revit's native way to make stairs gives the underside a slope. I want the entire underside to be filled with concrete. See attached pic.

TIA
    John
    Attached Files

Yes in the run properties there is an option for Structural Depth, make that value large and it will fill in. Might want to duplicate the run type first
    Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
    www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
    @Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BD Mackey View Post
      Yes in the run properties there is an option for Structural Depth, make that value large and it will fill in. Might want to duplicate the run type first
      That's close! But see the attached images. The one that looks like stairs is set to a stepped underside with a 2' thickness. The one that looks like a ramp is a smooth underside with a 2' thickness. The second one is not what I expected would happen. I've tried thickening the stepped underside to a ridiculous thickness, but it still has that little block left unfilled. Any more ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johnmc73 View Post
        Any more ideas?
        Don't build it as a stair.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

It should work below is an image of a 10' tall stair. What version of Revit?
          Attached Files
          @Twitter

Comment

Draw stair in elevation (2d) then extrude to the correct stair width:
            .................................................. .......................................
            Use the stair you have already modelled as a guide (+ your red line)
            ie draw a flat 2d elevation of the stair using simple linework - then extrude
            Hope this helps
            Howard L'

Comment

2015 ............ message is too short lol

Comment

I guess this means you need to upgrade to 2016... I can reproduce your issue in 2015, although works in 2016
                @Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BD Mackey View Post
                  I guess this means you need to upgrade to 2016... I can reproduce your issue in 2015, although works in 2016
                  Nice...as I have dealt with that little void in the past too...
                  Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I went with MP's suggestion and created an in place family. Works well enough. 2016 is coming to this office in about a month. Looking forward to it!

Comment