Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revit to Google Earth (or Google Maps/Earth to Revit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit to Google Earth (or Google Maps/Earth to Revit)

What's everyone's best workflow for getting contextual site information from Google Earth? I tried using CADtoEarth from AMC Bridge but the amount of geometry that you can publish is pretty limited. I exported a DWG and imported into SketchUp to publish from there, which seems to work the best so far but I am missing my materials. This is pretty cool, but seems like a lot of work: The Revit Saver: Combining Google Maps, Photogrammetry and Pointcloud Data into Revit 2016

Any other suggestions?

That method works great! It is actually not as much work as you think. Google earth allows us to record a video (had) and export out as an image sequence. From there you can batch crop in Photoshop and upload to memento. (250 images maximum)

John Pierson
    Creator of Rhythm, Monocle, Bang! and Lots of Other Okay Stuff.
    Twitter - @60secondrevit | Email - [email protected] | Blog - sixtysecondrevit.com | Work - parallaxteam.com

Comment

What does Google think of everyone using their data/info like this? From what I understand this was an issue in the past and google/autodesk had a "falling out" over stuff like this
      William Fletcher
      IPD Engineering
      Linkedin

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned, after all THEY use YOUR data EVERYDAY!
        Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment

Originally posted by biff View Post
          I wouldn't be too concerned, after all THEY use YOUR data EVERYDAY!
          Googled Jeep Bumpers the other day...the next day web ads galore on Jeep bumpers....coincindence? :crazy:

Feel sorry for the souls that google search items that shall not be mentioned.... <evil grin>
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment