Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked views randomly unlinking

Hey all,
    I've got a situation where I've got a linked model where I'm having to link every live view (by that I mean cut it in the linked model and then cut it again in the same place in our "main" model and then link the view. Don't ask me why we're doing it like that .. I'm new here), but the links are randomly breaking. I've tried locking it with view templates, but then the link also randomly detaches in the template!

Does anyone know why, and more importantly HOW to stop the links from breaking??? This is already an aggravating project without this nuisance lol

TIA

If you are creating the views on the fly in both models, it is doing exactly what it should do... Because other users on your team have *stale* copied of the link, and their copies dont have the linked view.

You need to Reload the Link (through Manage Links, not Worksets), AND SWC (and have everyone else SWC) before setting up Linked Views.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

To add onto that, if you have a project with linked files open and you intend on modifying a linked file with the original still opened, you should open the linked file in a DIFFERENT instance of Revit. If you open them in the same instance it will unload the link from your primary file. If that happens, everyone in the file that had it open at the time of the change will need to reload the modified file or close/open the primary project file to have the update display at all.

Comment

(It will only do that if you open the linked central.... If they are both workshared, you can get a local of each and not have it unload...)
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          If you are creating the views on the fly in both models, it is doing exactly what it should do... Because other users on your team have *stale* copied of the link, and their copies dont have the linked view.

You need to Reload the Link (through Manage Links, not Worksets), AND SWC (and have everyone else SWC) before setting up Linked Views.
          Thanks TRF! That explanation makes perfect sense. I didn't even think about that lol

This will make things so much easier :beer:

Comment