Topo & Project Base / Survey Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topo & Project Base / Survey Points

I started my project using 0'-0" for my first floor. I created a topo with true survey points (3000.00). The survey was floating way off into space. I had to drop it down to meet with the 0'-0" level. Now I need to modify the site plan with new points, and when I try to change the points they are adjusted when I dropped it down to meet the building. Is there a way I can set the topography reference point to the Survey point (3000.00)? So when I modify the topo points its at the same elevation as the new proposed points.

Thank you!

Originally posted by amoroso View Post
    I started my project using 0'-0" for my first floor. I created a topo with true survey points (3000.00). The survey was floating way off into space. I had to drop it down to meet with the 0'-0" level. Now I need to modify the site plan with new points, and when I try to change the points they are adjusted when I dropped it down to meet the building. Is there a way I can set the topography reference point to the Survey point (3000.00)? So when I modify the topo points its at the same elevation as the new proposed points.

Thank you!

If you use a Revit level at sea level (the 0' Z of the survey file) then bringing the survey in related to that will be grand...

If not, one way is to link the survey in, move it down to project 0 (I know, I know), then use "Relocate Project" from the Project Location panel on the Manage Tab, in a Section or Elevation view... click off to the side and move the cursor straight up and type in the distance you want Project 0' to be as it is in the original survey file.

Test by looking at the Level markers which should be reporting Project info... 0'-0" should still be that for Project coordinates... hit the levels with a spot elevation (that are set to report Shared coordinates) and they should report the info similar to the original survey...
    -J
    http://about.me/JayZallan
    Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

Comment

I would recommend creating a separate site Revit file. Also, check out this post, I believe it is the same issue you are having...
      landarchBIM (landscape architecture + BIM)

Comment