Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beam end setback

Vent on "I thought they'd fixed this sh**" vent off

Sorry but I run into this problem every time I draw beams, they wont run up to a column or wall.
    In one of the older versions there was a beam setback setting but I can't find it now.

Can someone please tell me how to get a beam to behave as it should, I don't want much just a beam that runs between the 2 points that I pick.
    Thanks
    Kim

I am confused... Your beams aren't joining to colums/beams? Or do you just have a visual issue where the beams don't graphically show touching?

You can find your cutback settings in the Structural Settings under "Symbolic Cutback Distance" Note: this is a global setting for your project.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

ehmm, don't you need the start and end extension?
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Are you talking about the start and end extenstion within the element properties? Cuz that effects your 3D object.
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Yup, but I was under the impression that that is what the OP wanted...?
          Martijn de Riet
          MdR Advies

Comment

Yeah I was a little confused myself. I am still not sure which issue it was for them.

We covered both bases. (thumbsup)
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
              Yeah I was a little confused myself. I am still not sure which issue it was for them.

We covered both bases. (thumbsup)
              We make an awesome team... :bb:
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been back for a while, I had to work on another project and got sidetracked on that.

It was the visual issue where the beams don't show joining to a column (although they are).

I don't see "structural settings" and the "symbolic beam setback" in my version, Revit Architecture 2012, although I seem to recall that from an older version, maybe its been replaced.

I did eventually find the start & end extensions, the beam that I was using was an from an older library and didn't show those under properties.
                I tried a beam from the 2012 library and found the setting so there must be something different in the new family, I'll have to go back and update my libraries.

Thanks,
                Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kheaver View Post
                  I don't see "structural settings" and the "symbolic beam setback" in my version, Revit Architecture 2012,
                  those settings are from RST.
                  search in RFO a post from Karalon10. he shared a beam family that may help you.
                  Julien
                  "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
                  P. DAC
                  Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just a litle Framing-family trick!
                    In the plan view of the family extend the solid to the outer refplane instead of the second. Credit to this article on The Revit Clinic.
                    http://www.typepad.com/services/trac...2875a83ab4970c
                    - Peter -
                    www.revitogbim.blogspot.com

Comment