Pad overlap error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pad overlap error

I keep getting an error stating that pad's can't overlap, but can share boundaries. I have never been able to get pads to share boundaries. What am I missing?

As far as I know they can't... You can create one pad first and use the boundaries for the second using the Pick Line tool (without the possibility to check this right now)
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

So there has to be separation between pads? No shared boundaries despite the error stating they can?

Comment

Like Martijin said they cannot overlap but they can share edges, use the pick line tool to butt them together.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redmonki View Post
          So there has to be separation between pads? No shared boundaries despite the error stating they can?
          I think you're misinterpreting the Error Message. It probably didn't mean that you can create a single pad of two closed polylines (to put it in acad-terms) that share one segment. That would be countering all rules in the rest of the program. So my guess is that the error message states you can create two SEPARATE pads with overlapping boundaries.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I don't seem able (never have) to share edges of individual pads. (Even if I pick the edges) I have to move the edge of the pads away from each other just a faction so that they work, which leaves me with a slither of topography poking through. This doesn't overly bother me, its just the error message telling me 'They can share edges' (when I can't) that annoys me.

Comment

Do any of your pads have a slope to them? I have noticed that if one of the pads is sloped than revit will see it as overlapping even though the sketch lines are in the same place. I have created many flat pads with boundries in the same place for things like elevator pits and partial basements so I know it works.

Comment