color display for 3d hidden line view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color display for 3d hidden line view

I am having issues with the display of the color when applied to an object. I have attached a screen shot of what I am experiencing. as I begin to zoom in and out the fill display will change. it also prints the way that it looks. I assume that this may be a factor of my computers software, but thought I would ask.
    Does anyone have a quick fix for this?
    I am trying to print multiple views on one sheet so I can toggle the view in and out until one looks correct, but the others don't and that doesn't necessarily mean it will print correct.

Thanks
    Attached Files

What you are experiencing is a visual artifact from having 2 identical surfaces (or two very close together). As the software attempts to deterine which surface is the 'front' surface to show it gets confused. You will see this in most 3D modellers/viewers. To overcome this, remove (or hide) one of the surfaces, then print.

Hope this helps.
    I used to be high on life, until I realised it was cut with Morons.
    Combating ignorance daily through learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim West View Post
      What you are experiencing is a visual artifact from having 2 identical surfaces (or two very close together). As the software attempts to deterine which surface is the 'front' surface to show it gets confused. You will see this in most 3D modellers/viewers. To overcome this, remove (or hide) one of the surfaces, then print.

Hope this helps.
      Tim.
      That was the what was happening. I deleted one of the elements and the color is showing up correctly. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Excellent!

Glad I could help!
        I used to be high on life, until I realised it was cut with Morons.
        Combating ignorance daily through learning.

Comment