Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want my detail items placed in my sections to show up in my Detail Views!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my detail items placed in my sections to show up in my Detail Views!!

I have placed detail items in my walls sections because my lightgauge scope does not need to be modeled and I want them to show up in my detail views..... Its there an option that I can check off in detail views to make this happen?? there must be.... can someone help me out?
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Emmett Cruey
    ConnectedBIM.Design
    925-695-6000

You could copy all of the detail items and paste aligned. If you make them a group it will allow changes that are made to automatically carry over.

Comment

yeah that's pretty much the way I have handled it, it works.... just hoping for a better solution. Thanks for the reply!! The weekend is almost here tgif!!
      Regards,
      Emmett Cruey
      ConnectedBIM.Design
      925-695-6000

Comment

If it is the same detail in each view you can group the objects and insert a detail group. With a couple groups you can detail an entire section in a few clicks.
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Groups are really your only option here.
          What your OP is asking just isn't the way Detail Components work.
          Detail Components - just like Text and Dimensions - only exist in the View they were created.
          Even placing them in Group isn't really having the component "in both Views."
          With a Group, you've still got two copies of the Detail Component, it's just that any changes will be propagated to both copies.
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment