No announcement yet.

Linked RVT Wall Cut Patt Overides w/ Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question. Just had a chance to look at your files, and something is definitely up!
    • When i open your Struct1 file, and link your Arch1 and my TestLink - Nothing works.
    • When i open a new project (OOTB template) and link your Arch1 and my TestLink - My TestLink works, yours don´t.

That kinda tells me that something is screwed in both your files... just can´t figure out what...
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Gahhhh!!!! I need a break. Ill be back in a hour.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

More linked file override trouble? See thread: Pattern V/G override for linked file disappears when link was replaced.

I am starting to see a pattern here.
        There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
        Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment

Very interesting. The file I am linking is about 1,200,000 sq ft. However in my test files those are just 4 walls. There has to be something wrong with some setting somewhere. :banghead:
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Klaus, can you post the project that you have that works. I want to compair the setting from your project to mine.

Thanks,
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Sure.

Download both of these to the folder where you have "Arch1.rvt", and open the Test.rvt
              Attached Files
              Klaus Munkholm

Comment

So Autodesk responded to my service request. with this.

Code:
                Good Morning Alex,

Autodesk has responded to the case that Ron escalated to them.

They have recommended that you take a look at the following blog post from the Revit Clinic.

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/troubleshooting-cut-pattern-alignment.html

Please let us know if this post helps troubleshoot the issue. If not we can post any additional information to Autodesk that you can provide.
                I also found this one
                http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_we...-and-2012.html

Not much help so far. I am will spend more time today on this.
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment

This is the reason my drawings arnt working. The work around sucks big time. I'll get it figured out.

Code:
                  Revit 2011 introduced the ability to apply view filters across linked files.  However there is a limitation when it comes to fill patterns; Revit attempts to match the element id from the fill pattern in the host project to the fill pattern in the linked project. 

Even if the same-name pattern exists in both projects, unless both projects were created from the same template which contained the fill pattern [meaning the fill pattern wasn’t created later on in the project] the element id’s will vary.  When you create a new fill pattern, a unique element id is assigned to that pattern. Because of the different element id’s Revit will be unable to match the fill patterns across projects; so the linked project will not display the fill pattern as the host elements do.
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

That sucks! But thank you for providing us with the reason :beer:
                    Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Alex, try this for a workaround:

1. Create new template with the fill pattern already in it. Save it, open two project files from it.
                      2. Unload the link in your original project file.
                      3. Link and bind both your project and the linked file in the new project files. If all goes well Revit will give you a warning stating the fill patterns from the linked file already exist in the host file and that those will be used
                      4. If my reasoning is correct you will now have the fill pattern in both files with the same ID. Relink the file in yours and you should be good to go.
                      Martijn de Riet
                      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                      MdR Advies
                      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment