Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attach

I want to attach panels to my wall, it´s a family. is it possible

You'll probably need to be a little more specific in order to get the answer you're looking for. But it sounds like you're just looking for a wall hosted family which you should be able to find in the family templates when you start a new family.

Comment

What he wants is in this picture that i attach. I dont know either how to do that...
      Wall with panels.jpg

Comment

I think you will need to create it in the wall family itself. Select a wall, edit the type. Hit the duplicate button and rename it to something new. Then, hit the edit button in the wall structure category. You must expand the view and be in section for the reveal and sweep buttons to be active. Create the reveals and sweeps.

That should do it.
        Dan

Comment

Well, this won't work if he needs to be able to control the length of the sweep as shown in the OP...
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Why? I do it with water tables all the time. Granted, that's just one sweep, but it's the entire length of the wall, and my openings cut it.

Are reveals different? Teach me, Oh Great One!! :bb:
            Dan

Comment

Am I wrong or aren´t these Sweeps across the entire length of the wall?

EDIT:
              Never mind, I am wrong... mistook the Crop Boundary for the extents of the wall (I know...). Never read the text note properly. So yes, Dan's completely right: Reveals in the Wall Properties are the way to go.
              Last edited by mdradvies; June 29, 2011, 11:14 PM. Reason: Need to go to sleep...
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                I think you will need to create it in the wall family itself. Select a wall, edit the type. Hit the duplicate button and rename it to something new. Then, hit the edit button in the wall structure category. You must expand the view and be in section for the reveal and sweep buttons to be active. Create the reveals and sweeps.

That should do it.

But that will cover the whole wall. you mean after i have done that, that I should insert walls and doors

Comment

Sorry, I know, just explain for me step by step how to create it in the family it self I have done it before but I dont remember

Comment

Originally posted by abbe View Post
                    But that will cover the whole wall. you mean after i have done that, that I should insert walls and doors
                    Nope, it doesn't. Those built in Sweeps/Reveals can be made to be cut by openings. But it's a bit tricky. There are two places the cuttability by openings is handled: in the Wall Sweep Properties and in the Wall Properties. See attached.

Attachments added in random order (is there any way to control that???):
                    Image 1 (last attachment): this is what Dan ment, you can assign sweeps and/or reveals to a Wall type.
                    Image 2 (third attachment): this is one place to control the cuttability of a Wall Sweep, in the Sweep Properties.
                    Image 2a (second attachment): another place to control cuttability of a Wall Sweep is when assigning the Sweep to a Wall type. BUT this option is not always available!!
                    Image 3 (fourth attachment): I'm not sure which version you're on but prior to 2012 the Insertion Height of the Sweep needed to cut the Opening for the Sweep to be cut. This seems to be solved in 2012.
                    Image 4 (first attachment): Using a "loose" Sweep might give different results. "Loose" Sweeps seem to be cut or not, Sweeps embedded in the Wall Properties seem to be cut by ratio.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mdradvies; June 30, 2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: clarification
                    Martijn de Riet
                    MdR Advies

Comment