Filled Regions on Sheets!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled Regions on Sheets!?!

But I definitely recall a time when I could draw a filled region on a sheet?!?

Yes, we're talking keyplans. :banghead:

I remember doing it on a job to mask out unwanted site stuff....wasn't ideal, but it was quick. Think you have to layer views now to get it to work...
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
      Think you have to layer views now to get it to work...
      Eh?

I've done what I'd normally do, a shared generic annotation family, (of a generic floor plate outline) nested into our titleblocks - but I definitely recall sketching filled regions for the the apartment (or whatever) "zone" blackout on sheet. It was never ideal, but short of putting those umpteen bajillion zones into the keyplan family also with innumerable swap-options (!?) it was the only "sensible" way...

But now, in 2015 (tested also in 2013) it no longer appears to be possible. Which has me thinking my recollections are wrong...

Comment

I meant on a sheet in the project....not at the sheet/titleblock family....my bad.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          I meant on a sheet in the project....not at the sheet/titleblock family....my bad.
          Create a group in a drafting view with a filled region. Place group on sheet. Edit group on the sheet and, and edit the filled region. Optional: erase all the lines on the filled region and redraw from scratch in the sheet view.

Edit: I'm not at my computer right now, but can someone test what happens when you ungroup a group with a filled region that is on a sheet? Be careful, it might create a wormhole.
          Last edited by Dsmelcer; March 3, 2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dsmelcer View Post
            ... Place group on sheet. ...
            How does one copy a group from a view to a sheet? I get the message "Elements copied to Sheets can only be copied from other Sheets."

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyB View Post
              How does one copy a group from a view to a sheet? I get the message "Elements copied to Sheets can only be copied from other Sheets."

Thank you.
              drag and drop it from the project browser. I think the trick is that you can't place the group on the sheet after it has a filled region.

so one method would be:

draw a line and create a detail group
              drop that group on a sheet
              go back to the original view and edit group, arbitrarily draw in a filled region.
              Go to sheet view and the filled region will be in the group on the sheet
              ungroup the group and edit the filled region lines as desired.
              Last edited by Dsmelcer; March 5, 2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment