Overhead Lines - Copy to Multiple Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhead Lines - Copy to Multiple Views

I have some overhead lines I need to show in my plans. I set my underlay, use the linework tool, <Overhead Lines> - easy. But I need to show them on a lot of plans - is there a way to copy the <Overhead Line> to each view I need to show them in?
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Not that i know of. When ive had to do a LOT of them (read: hundreds) ive used model lines in the family at the ground plane. Not ideal, but i like it better than detail lines.

Doesnt work for sys families tho. In that case, ill sometimes place model lines on the ground and align them to the objects in question. Not as awesome as Linework tool, but...
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Crapola. Model lines it is. Thanks :thumbsup:
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
        Doesnt work for sys families tho. In that case, ill sometimes place model lines on the ground and align them to the objects in question. Not as awesome as Linework tool, but...
        I use line base GM with a dashed line. GM family can have a vertical offset to go above objects that could obscure the line, or the line could be aligned/locked to the object at its elevation. The same kinda could be done with the model line, but I found working with the GM easier. Also, unlike ML, GM is still visible even it’s above the cut plane.

Comment

I've used Grouped Detail Lines but Model Lines make a lot of sense so I don't have to remember to copy them into new views. Hmmmm...
          Greg McDowell Jr
          about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment