ESC button not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESC button not working

I don`t know if is windows related or revit related. From the last time i reinstalled windows 7 Ultimate i randomly have a strange behavior ..the the ESC key stop working. In revit this is killing me(can`t end a command by keyboard). (Revit 2011 and revit 2012). It affects even a youtube fullscreen mode so it`s in entire windows. When this bug appear, the only solution is to restart. As a funny thing first i thought it is the keyboard so I open it to verify the Esc contacts are clean but unfortunately all the parts inside (a lot of small pieces) have fallen on my floor so i sent it to the trash(it was 5 buks anyway). But with another keyboard the same thing. Sometimes i can work hours without this bug but in the end somehow it start again ... don`t know if is revit related. Somebody? (I googled but nothing yet)
    Last edited by gaby424; June 24, 2011, 08:50 AM.

It's most likely not Revit related... since it also happens in other software.
    Only thing I can think off is reinstalling Windows.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
      It's most likely not Revit related... since it also happens in other software.
      Only thing I can think off is reinstalling Windows.
      ouch, big step! The first thing that I would try is a different keyboard...
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
        ouch, big step! The first thing that I would try is a different keyboard...
        Gaby stated in the OP she already wrecked her original keyboard... Don't see the odds in same thing happening twice...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I have this problem also, but here is what I figured out:

It only happens when I have adobe acrobat or photoshop running at the same time. As soon as I quit those programs the esc key works again.

???

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
            Gaby stated in the OP she already wrecked her original keyboard... Don't see the odds in same thing happening twice...
            well, I'm 0 for 2 for reading complete posts today. It was my first thought because I go through at least one keyboard a year, or at least I used to. The space bar would go from my banging on it with my thumb in (that other program). Now I'm expecting the tab key to go first in the latest keyboard
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

B Arch ....WOOWW you saved me.. That was it... I have CS3 Photoshop. You have the same version? Why is this happening? Anyway i`m glad i don`t have to reinstal windows. I usually have photoshp opened all the time. Now i will close it when working in revit... Can somebody test with a newer version if is the same behavior?

Comment

B Arch maybe you want to know
                http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20226...ey-in-windows/

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
                  ...Can somebody test with a newer version if is the same behavior?
                  Working fine for me with CS5 and LR3 open.

Comment

It was fixed in CS5
                    Rick Moore, AIA
                    Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects

Comment