Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtain Wall Panel Tags

Hi!

I have problem with Curtain wall Panel Tags. I would like that tags rotate with panels, how it works with door tag. But it does not work. What am I doing wrong, is it possible at all?
    Attached Files

Sorry to say but Horizontal and Vertical is all you get with tags of any catagory. It's a tag thing, most frustrating I know!
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Interesting just checked your drawing and I always thought tags could only be Horizontal / Vertical but I noticed in your Door tag you have a Rotate with Component parameter, which works, (great, new one to me) but you are right the curtain wall tag has the same parameter and it does not work.
      Will look into it when I have more time.
      Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Right, there is a way to do this. But it's kind of dirty hack...

Instead of trying to make the CW tag rotate (which for some stupid reason it won't), you can also place the Curtain Panel in a Door/Window Category. This way you can use the rotating capabilities of your door/window tag.
        Open the CW Panel family, change the subcategory to Window.
        Open the Door Tag, change the subcategory to Window (and save under different name)
        Reload both in the project. Now you can tag the panels and have the tag rotate with the component.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Thanks!

Yea, I found this dirty way also. Just all schedules already done. It is to hard to change everything

I hope Revit guys in next version will do something with that.

Comment