Wall Sweeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Sweeps

How can I add more of the standard profiles available in Revit to the drop-down wall sweep profile list. Currently in the 2015 Residential template I only have one profile "wall sweep cornice" when I use the architecture>wall>wall sweep tool. In particular I want it here so I can use the sweep vertically. I will be using this to add vertical corner boards on a residential building. Or, does anyone know a better way to add vertical exterior trim, corner boards, window trim, freize trim. Any recommendations would be a huge help.

To add more profiles available to the drop down wall sweep you need to create a new family of a profile and load it to your project then duplicate/rename if you need multiple choice. You can place the wall sweep vertically, look for the icon vertical or horizontal. Personally I make an in place family for the corner board and use voids rather than messing around with the wall sweep, because when I update my wall later the system delete them and I have to redo it all over again. For windows casing I create them directly in the family of window or door and create a parameter to make them visible or to change their sizes, don't use wall sweep for wdw and dr casing. For frieze board use wall sweep with loaded custom profiles. Go to revitcity.com and download my double door as an example to see the casing. Search my user name: deub

Comment

Hi
      I'm writing here not to create a new thread of Wall Sweeps.

I'm working on a Art Deco building and I'm using quite often Sweep tool. The thing is that I have some issues when the floor changes.
      The walls are getting more to the inner side in the upper floors, and in the 3d I can see all the lines of the under floor walls. As you'll se the model is a bit complicated because the structure of the base floor have some exterior walls around to create the sweep around the columns... Anyway, coming to the issue, I don't know if I should add the sweep a bit higher, or make a new profile which will cover all these lines... or maybe something else...
      I'll attach a photo and the issue I'm trying to explain any ideas how to resolve this problem?
      Thanks in advance to everyone!!
      Captura.JPGCaptura.JPG

Comment

Just try to joint geometry

Comment

I already tried that, Freddeub, thanks! : )
          Structure is still visible, and the join between the wall and the sweep can also be seen : /

Comment

ok, Make a new profile 1/16" higher to cover these line

Comment

I don't know that would advocate changing the design (1/16" isn't much but still) but yeah, you'll either need to raise the sweep or lower the walls poking up.
              Greg McDowell Jr
              about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

For the purpose of resolving Revit geometry or lines showing up without really changing the construction I add small dimensions (1/16" or 1/32") just to overlap element if they don't joint...etc...

Comment

Humm, I understand!
                  I'll try both ways!!!
                  for adding little step, I will have to change the profile of sweep, because, I will need to go over the wall that I'm sweeping around : )
                  and for the other case I started already to lower the walls that were around the columns so they will not pop out : D
                  Thanks to both of you :thumbsup:

Comment

If you want it to be modeled correctly then add a void that subtracts out the portion of the wall that the sweep will be replacing. No need to modify the element by a small number
                    Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
                    www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
                    @Twitter

Comment