Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is any kind soul here willing to post a screen shot of their Line Styles window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is any kind soul here willing to post a screen shot of their Line Styles window?

I would like to see how others have named the line styles they use for detailing and how many separate line styles they are using. Did you use the OOTB "Thin, Medium, Wide Lines" and build from that, or did you create your own from scratch?

Thanks in advance...

Some discussion on it here:

http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-...-template.html
    http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-...hts-revit.html
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

I'll be glad to help. We're always looking for ways to improve our workflows -- it'll be good to compare notes. The first two images are from different firms, but with a similar approach -- naming the line style based on its width.

The third image however, shows what happens when a team takes the template settings and "expand" on it.....i'm sure that more than half of those styles aren't used.

Jon
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I've already read those threads and intend to refer to them heavily as we build our new template. I also checked out the RFO style guide which is great, but it looks like no work has been done on it in several years and the "Line Styles" section is empty.

Comment

Im not SUPER happy with our lineweights here. But im happy with the system. We just havent tweaked them enough yet.
          Attached Files
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Always liked Plot with Styles (vs color or layer) in AutoCAD...that same nomenclature is used in Revit too...
            Attached Files
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

son of a...
              I'm apparently a retard and completely did not understand how the whole lineweight thing worked in Revit. I kept trying to multiply & divide my line weights and they unsurprisingly did not work worth a damn...
              if each scale gets (approximately) the same lineweight why not just set the stupid things to the value you want and have it adjust per scale automagically?
              Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
              BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

if only our line pattern dialog box looked as clean as aaron's........

for now, it'll just be a dream. As much as i preach keeping the autocrud out of revit, it still makes its way in -- and you end up with at least 150 line patterns called "IMPORT-yada yada".

good to see that a similar logic wrt the line style naming. It's worked well for us since most staff can quickly make the connection between a line weight (style) and an associated object style, e.g. using the modify lineweight tool, one can select "05" and match the cut thickness of say, a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjosiah View Post
                  if only our line pattern dialog box looked as clean as aaron's........

for now, it'll just be a dream. As much as i preach keeping the autocrud out of revit, it still makes its way in -- and you end up with at least 150 line patterns called "IMPORT-yada yada".
                  That is from linking or inserting DWG's....it's gonna happen until you stop doing that. There are some cool add-ins (free) that can purge the heck out of those with one click.
                  Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Here's ours
                    Attached Files
                    Dwane

Comment