Thumbnail preview not working in explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnail preview not working in explorer

yesterday i deleted revit 2011 and some of the associated folders from my hard drive, today i cannot see previews of revit files in explorer. i am not sure how to fix this, any thoughts or help is appreciated.

well, it works now. still not sure what happened. i reinstalled revit, that didn't seem to fix it, and then in explorer i changed the thumbnail size and now it works. doesn't make any sense to me, but i am very much relieved to have it working as it should.

Comment

scratch that, some are working and some are not. any thoughts on what may be happening would be appreciated.

Comment

You are not alone.

I have s similar problem. I installed 2012, and as soon as I deleted the 2011 program files (I think) the problem presented itself. I've had the issue ever since

I've been waiting to see what goes. I read somewhere that there may be a file somewhere the needs re-registering in the registry, but I just decided to wait for a little corroboration.

Comment

If 2011 got uninstalled after 2012 was installed, perhaps a repair install of 2012 will fix the problem?

Gordon
          Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Originally posted by B Arch View Post
            You are not alone.

I have s similar problem. I installed 2012, and as soon as I deleted the 2011 program files (I think) the problem presented itself. I've had the issue ever since

I've been waiting to see what goes. I read somewhere that there may be a file somewhere the needs re-registering in the registry, but I just decided to wait for a little corroboration.
            i read something similar, but i think it was for revit 2010. i couldn't find the same or similar file to be registered, so i gave up on that one. i guess it's nice to know that i am not the only one have this problem.

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
            If 2011 got uninstalled after 2012 was installed, perhaps a repair install of 2012 will fix the problem?

Gordon
            i did a repair install of 2012 and that seemed to fix some of it, but not all. thanks though.

Comment

ran into the same problem, repair install solved it!
              thanks for the help

Comment