Demo within Multiple Phases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo within Multiple Phases

I am working on a project that has two bid packages. The first package was strictly an early demolition package. The second package is the remainder of demo and the new construction. However, I am noticing a graphic problem with any new work that work prompt additional demo (eg a new door being placed within an existing wall). When I place a new construction door within an existing wall, it "breaks" the wall in the demo plans but it does not show it dashed or any other graphic properties that are associated with the demolition graphics. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? When you have multiple demolition phases, is there a way to force the association of the demo work to the correct demolition phase?

Not exactly sure how you have your phasing set up so...this may help or not. I did a project a while back that had 5 phases. Each phase had demolition and new construction associated with it. So... 5 phases, not 10. Demolition does not have it's own phase. Each of the 5 phases had a demolition plan and a new construction plan and each plan is controlled with Phase Filter. I had no issues such as you are describing. If you have a separate phase for demolition and a separate phase for new construction you will run into the issues you are describing.

Comment