This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining Adjacent Walls - Help

I am having a lot of trouble with something that should be an easy task. 2 walls of an adjacent masonry 'shed' type building will not join. The N wall joins well with the E wall, but the S wall has a mind of it's own. The dimensions of the E wall are grayed out so I cannot change it's length. I have redrawn the S wall multiple times with the same result. It also does not want to move. (Maybe it thinks that it is heavy masonry or something.) I could use a little help. What am I stuck on?
    Attached Files

double check your heights and view cut... would be able to offer more help with the .rvt file.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Thanks Alex. The file size (2.52 MB) exceeds the limit allowed (1.95 MB). So here is a perspective view with the trouble wall highlighted. This should give some clues (I hope).

The N & S walls are angled at the top. I have had to change the heights many times because they seem to shift after I close and then open it. The heights are correct

How do I look at the cut view?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, the fastest way to help should be:
        you may delete the W wall, edit the profile of the E one, check the height at start/end.
        then apply the height you checked to the S wall. after that use intersection of walls to get the result you want.
        At the end mirror the E wall, and check again intersections with the S one.
        Also check if one wall is pinned (if so just unpinned!).
        good luck
        Julien
        "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
        P. DAC
        Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment