can't install ABDS 2015 subscription network licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't install ABDS 2015 subscription network licence

When I try to install Autodesk building design suite 2015 my brand new computer running Windows 8.1pro tells me it cannot install due to lack of internet connection. I am connected to the internet via that computer now.

Has anyone experienced this?
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

I think I had to change my DNS server to something else...by DHCP it was looking at the router/switch but I had to change it to the actual DNS from our ISP...
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

I think I have the internet error figured out but I'm still not able to install. I've attached my installation log.

Getting error 1619, I've uninstalled visual c++ 2012 and still get this error.

Attached Files

Comment

Try adding IGNORE_FAILURE=YES to the bottom of all the x86 packages under VCREDIST in the deployment INI. I haven't validated the technique on Win 8.1, but on Win 7 it works consistently, and I have never seen it cause problems. But I do only use this approach on x86 packages when installing on x64 machines. You might even want to only do it with this offending package.
        BTW, normally 1619 is a corrupt file problem, so you may find that other installers are corrupt too, in which case building a new deployment, ideally from a fresh download, may be in order. But error numbers can also be red herrings, so testing IgnoreFailure first is worth a try.

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

where can I find the deployment INI?

Comment

It's in the IMG folder in the deployment, with the same name as the deployment itself.

Gordon
            Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

is this what we are talking about?

Attached Files

Comment

same issue after making the suggested changes.

Comment

I put ignore failure on everything C++/VCREDIST, and mine run like champs.
                  Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                  @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

that did it fellas!

Thanks a ton for the support.

Comment