Divide Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divide Surface

Is there any way to use divide surface command for curtain wall surface, without creating Mass form ?

Originally posted by lallanji View Post
    Is there any way to use divide surface command for curtain wall surface, without creating Mass form ?
    No. Divide surface only works on masses.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by lallanji View Post
      Yes, you can create a surface with the generic model adaptive template, divide that surface, load it into a project, and create a curtain system (I think that's what you mean by "curtain wall surface"). "Mass" is a category, usually understood as a solid that can be sliced in floors and quantified in schedules with perimeters, areas, etc. A "mass" is made with the mass template, or as in-place element. But not necessarily you have to use a "mass" to create a curtain system. It can be a generic model, too.
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Thanks Alfredo
        You are currect . I want use pattern base panels in divided surface, but avoid to use mass form. Actually I need to place Musharabiya screens describied by Andy Milburn in his blog "Shades of Grey" Will you please guide the process to achieve the goal ?
        lallanji
        Last edited by lallanji; October 6, 2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

My point was- you need EITHER a mass or a generic model, both of which are built in the Form Editor. Aka the Massing editor. You cannot use divided surface on a preexisting element in the model, including curtain walls and curtain systems.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment