Revit addin in Brazil? Spanish tile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit addin in Brazil? Spanish tile

Hi, does anyone ever heard about what is on this video?
    I have a French friend in need..... thanks.

(cool music, but the link failed, in France at least...)
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

http://telhados.arctipo.com.br/

I
    t´s in Portuguese, and can´t even translate with Google, since most of the text are embedded in images... maybe Feio can assist you ? Looks interesting though :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I saw the video in Youtube, and even though the link is broken, I found the site, a training center in Brazil, but I could not find in their website any information related to what is shown in Youtube. Very interesting. It could be a plug-in, or it might be a family, an application of the technique of nesting one element into a row, then nesting the row into a grid. But they seem to be able to cut the roof tiles editing the sketch of the roof, as if the 3d tiles were part of the roof's composition. That part is impressive. I have no clue about how they did that part.
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

I already answered benoit @ french RFO section. And posted a rough RVT example for him to develop.
        Yes, it's from brasil, but it's nothing more that a beam system with frames as tiles.
        I tried to replicate the beams like a line-based repetition.
        What I didn't do is the angle for overlapping the tiles and the last (upper) tile cut by a void at the exact frame end.
        What I don't like is using the beam system as tools. With too many tiles, there is a lot of detail, but also a probable overload in the analysis model.
        Gonçalo Feio
        "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Have attempted something similar with Curtain Systems (Custom Panels), and it works fine for plain rectangular surfaces, but it fails when the corners are angled, or the roof have openings.
          Maybe it´s time to try the beam system? (I don´t use my models for structural analysis)
          Thanks for the info Gonçalo! :beer:
          Attached Files
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
            (I don´t use my models for structural analysis)
            You don't, but I guess that in the your processor does some extra unnecessary calculation.
            The stubborn RAC is always checking if structural stuff is attached or support by other structural stuff.
            Gonçalo Feio
            "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

In 2012 the analytical model is seperate from the bim model.
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by feio View Post
                ...Yes, it's from brasil, but it's nothing more that a beam system with frames as tiles.
                I tried to replicate the beams like a line-based repetition.
                What I didn't do is the angle for overlapping the tiles and the last (upper) tile cut by a void at the exact frame end.
                What I don't like is using the beam system as tools. With too many tiles, there is a lot of detail, but also a probable overload in the analysis model.
                Ah, so that's how they get to cut the tiles with a sketch! Makes sense. Beams as roof tiles! it's kind of a Frankestein solution. Looks cool, though. Thanks, Gonçalo!
                Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

here's what i've done with a Revitcity family.

generic model > nested in a beam template > beam system. not perfect but not too bad.

the beam family is in this post.
                  Attached Files
                  jbenoit44
                  French Moderator
                  Last edited by jbenoit44; June 15, 2011, 07:05 AM.
                  Julien
                  "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
                  P. DAC
                  Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
                    here's what i've done with a Revitcity family.
                    Nice work jbenoit. Well done!
                    No string or plugins attached :blah:
                    Gonçalo Feio

Comment