2014 curtain wall acting strange [guru problem/BUG?]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 curtain wall acting strange [guru problem/BUG?]

I'am making a curtain wall. It is very important that the panels are a certain width and height.
    so i made a curtain panel with the panel we want to create and in the same family a reporting panel.

I attached reporting parameters on the width and height and i added parameters of the width and height that the panel should be.
    If the reporting parameters equal the required height and width, the panel is shown. If this isn't the case than the reporting panel is shown.

However...sometimes when i move a curtain wall with all of the panels correct, the mullions shift and reporting panels appear. When i reset the justification the panels are shown correct.
    But when i move a curtain panel I don’t change anything, so why do my mullions move?

see screencast

curtainpanel_problem - Arno_Screencast's library
    oplossingen zijn altijd simpel
    solutions are always simple

Originally posted by Arno View Post
    I'am making a curtain wall. It is very important that the panels are a certain width and height.
    so i made a curtain panel with the panel we want to create and in the same family a reporting panel.

I attached reporting parameters on the width and height and i added parameters of the width and height that the panel should be.
    If the reporting parameters equal the required height and width, the panel is shown. If this isn't the case than the reporting panel is shown.

However...sometimes when i move a curtain wall with all of the panels correct, the mullions shift and reporting panels appear. When i reset the justification the panels are shown correct.
    But when i move a curtain panel I don’t change anything, so why do my mullions move?

see screencast

curtainpanel_problem - Arno_Screencast's library
    I don't have time to look at your screencast but you seem to be going to a lot of trouble to make something happen that Revit does automatically with properly constructed curtain walls. I produce accurate curtain panel (glass) schedules every day from standard curtain walls created using mullions based on profiles that take into account system glass grip dimensions and that are parametric to cover different system sizes, curtain panel thicknesses, and grip dimension. Then, if you want to change a curtain panel size, you move a vertical or horizontal curtain wall mullion
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Looks like you're using the red panel to indicate a design problem for the user. I do the same thing and haven't had any problems (though mine looks to be setup a little differently).

Can you post the family?
      Greg McDowell Jr
      about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

The family is in a pre-stage.
        There is also a dwg in the panel, maybe this triggers the error.
        Have to remodel the panel, if i explode the layers there is no panel left.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai2sn25lzo...tain_panel.rfa

thanks you for your time

can you post your panel?

Comment

Dave,
          Thank you for your reaction. I know what you are saying.
          The problem I’m trying to solve is; that the modeller needs to draw there curtain wall a certain size.
          The panels are only available in 1 size. so the curtain wall needs to be a certain length to view the curtain panels in the correct size.
          If the modeller draws the curtain wall to long or to short. The panel won’t fit. So there needs to be a red flag when the don't draw the right size.
          So if the panel isn’t the correct width it will display a red panel.
          The problem is when you draw the curtain wall in the correct size, and all panels are drawn, so no red flags. Then when you move the curtain wall, the position of the mullions/grid changes for no particular reason.

Comment

Revit doesn't like locking down the constraints/reference planes... Your best bet is to create some model text or something similar that will appear only if the required length is exceeded. I have seen this done numerous times for casework.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

If the panel can only be a certain size you could set the Vertical/Horizontal grids of the curtain wall to a Fixed Distance. Then you'd be guaranteed a correct spacing and only need to concern yourself with the edges. It looks like your model is allowing for a variable spacing, just within a very tight tolerance, so maybe this doesn't ultimately work for you.

I can't get a quick model I made using your panel to do what you show. It seems stable to me.

You asked for my panel so I've attached it. It does generally the same thing just using different parameters/techniques (I have an override switch, for example, in case the designer has prior approval of glass size).
              Attached Files
              Greg McDowell Jr
              about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment