Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall extrusions cutting everything

Hi all,

I am trying to create a concrete wall with shapes recessed into the concrete, with timber slats sitting in front of that. I have created the shapes in the precast concrete wall by creating a Generic Model>Void Extrusion and then used that to cut the wall. I then wanted to place timber slats over the front, I have created these using the Wall Sweep tool, but as you can see in my screen grab the shapes are cutting the sweeps as well which I don't want to happen, does anyone know how to avoid this? Also the shapes are removing the "concrete joint" wall revels I have used to show the concrete panel joints, can this also be avoided?

Thanks all
    Lox
    Attached Files

have you looked at your voids in plan and adjusted the extrusion extents (you should even get blue grip arrows) failing that you may need to create the slats as a separate wall/ family / MIP, same with the panel joints, meaning it's a Revit software limitation.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

After checking the extrusion extends, make sure ‘cut by inserts’ is checked in the wall sweep type properties window.

EDIT:Also, instead of using wall sweeps. I think curtain wall will work better in this case.
      Last edited by PijPiwo; June 24, 2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks PijPiwo, ticking "cut by inserts" solved it, but yes I think your right, using a curtain wall would be better, I hadn't thought of that!

Comment