transition from revit arch. & structure to revit mep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transition from revit arch. & structure to revit mep

How much of a challenge would it be to switch to mep revit from an a architectural and structural background

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    How much of a challenge would it be to switch to mep revit from an a architectural and structural background
    how hard would it be to become a plumber when you've always been a carpenter? Seriously, the question is going to generate a lot of opinion, none of which makes any difference because no one (but you) knows your intelligence, your capabilities, your background, etc. Such a simple question but such a tough answer.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Well....I went from Structural....to Aeronautical...to Civil to Architectural...

Although I recently attempted to go an MEP firm...never got a phone call...maybe advanced knowledge of Revit wasn't enough....
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Pipe fittings are pipe fittings - what matters is their arrangement. However, duct is an animal that is not easily understood. The arrangement and order is of course critical, but understanding the nuances of good constructible duct systems is not easily learned. Knowing what fittings are generally produced, which ones are generally not produced (even though your software lets you draw it), and best practices in fitting design are all very important areas to consider when jumping into the sheet metal side of things.

Sadly no ones really understands duct unless you've fabricated and installed it yourself.
        Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

The software side of things will probably be easy to pick up. The bigger struggles will come from code compliance and calculations.
          Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
          BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
            Well....I went from Structural....to Aeronautical...to Civil to Architectural...

Although I recently attempted to go an MEP firm...never got a phone call...maybe advanced knowledge of Revit wasn't enough....
            This the problem I am having everyone wants someone with mep experience and it seems to be a make or break issue revit knowledge alone is not enough

Comment