Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Phase from "New Construction" to "Existing"

Hello,

I have been tasked with changing all of our existing 150+ building BIM files from "New Construction" phase to "Existing." What is the best way to go about this? The way that I know is go to 3D, select everything, and change it by groups. The problem is usually about half of the groups (Doors, Curtain Panels, etc.) aren't able to change the phase on. Thank you for your time!

I want someone to back me up on this idea...

What if you created a third phase after the New Construction phase (I'm assuming you only have Existing and New Construction), and then combine New Construction into Existing.
    Tim Collier
    CAD/IT Support
    Cromwell Architects Engineers
    Little Rock, Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by colliert View Post
      What if you created a third phase after the New Construction phase (I'm assuming you only have Existing and New Construction), and then combine New Construction into Existing.
      That works. Demo work will become "Temporary" work for the newly combined Existing phase. Will need determine what to do with those elements.

Consider leaving the models as they are...add the third phase and model all new on the third phase. This will keep everything intact and the model will be a record of things past and present. Rename the phases if that helps to keep things in order.
      John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

Originally posted by kubsix View Post
        Consider leaving the models as they are...add the third phase and model all new on the third phase. This will keep everything intact and the model will be a record of things past and present. Rename the phases if that helps to keep things in order.
        I think this would be how I would take this on. Once a new phase is created all of the objects that were authored before this phase are considered "existing" and will take on the existing overrides (if applied). You do get the added benefit of the history of the project if that is of importance to you.
        Jeff Hanson
        Sr. Subject Matter Expert
        Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment