Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calculations within a schedule

Hey, this is about area calculation,

i am trying to use the area comment parameter as set to A and B and in the schedule i want to take the totals for all "A areas" and divide it by the total of all "B areas"

so question part 1: can a total value be extracted (not the grand total, just the footer total)

2: can i use them in formulas, this would be incredibly easy in excell- the idea is to keep this a live calculation that can be referenced as the layout is being modified, thanks for the help, i hope the question is clear

Not the way you want. You'll have to reference the result manually back into your schedules.
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

i made a yes/no parameter that i want to associate with showing the area, so if X=yes, Area how can i write that formula in a way revit understands?

Comment

What do you mean "showing the area"? Showing it where? In what? Do you have an example of what you're trying to do?
        Greg McDowell Jr
        about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Originally posted by karpov005 View Post
          i made a yes/no parameter that i want to associate with showing the area, so if X=yes, Area how can i write that formula in a way revit understands?
          X=Yes
          Calculated Value = if(X,Area,0)
          =the calculated value, assuming to be an area type parameter, will only return "Area" (or whatever other "true" value you require) if the X parameter is ticked yes - otherwise it'll return 0m2)

?

We need more.
          Last edited by snowyweston; May 6, 2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

You can't take the difference of the Totals, but you can take the Total of the differences.
            Add another column in your schedule (call it, say, AreaDifference) that's a Calculated Value using the formula AreaA - AreaB

Then use a Footer with Totals on the AreaDifference column.
            However, you still can't use that total in a third calculation.
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

This is all for area plan calculations, therle is area type a and area type b and i need to know their ration so dividing a/b to get a percent, thats what im trying to do, i dont know what kind of parameter in my area key schedule would allow me to use that information how i want, i really with revit schedules worked more like excell that would be so easy and amazing, i would like to have all this info within revit and not have to check that ratio outside in excell im hoping thats possible

Comment

is there a way to extract "grand total" of a specific field as a variable for a calculation?

Comment

or is there a way to make a formula that sums up all values of one column and divides by all values of another , sum(a)/sum(b) ?

Comment

Value a is in one column value b is another, i want to divide a/b.... When i make that formula it gives no calculated answer

Comment