Wall cap on sloped wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall cap on sloped wall

I created gable wall (with different heights on different sides of the wall) using edit profile tool. I want to put wall cap. I tried to do that going to Wall Edit Type > Sweeps. It dont want to put wall cap along the slope. Does anyone know how to solve this?

In-place component > sweep > out path on top of wall.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Thanks. But what is with using Wall Editor and Sweep Tool within it? Every time I use Wall Edit Profile everything is messed up. What is the purpose then from that tool? Why Revit has a problem with Edit Profile Tool? Should I avoid to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by mona miller View Post
        Thanks. But what is with using Wall Editor and Sweep Tool within it? Every time I use Wall Edit Profile everything is messed up. What is the purpose then from that tool? Why Revit has a problem with Edit Profile Tool? Should I avoid to use it?
        Wall sweeps and reveals can get screwy because their settings are static (call it undeveloped) whereas a wall can be adjusted in many different ways. Why do you need to edit the wall profile? Can you not attach the wall to the roof to crete your gable end? Aaron's suggestion above is perfectly acceptable and even preferable in many cases.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Alternatively the method I learned on here that I love is to draw model lines on top of the part of the wall you want and use the roof fascia tool. Perhaps a bit overkill for just a couple of single linear sections but brilliant if you were wanting the cope to follow the entire top profile of the wall.

Comment

I cannot attach wall to roof because my gable wall overhanging the roof.
            Also, now when you mentioned attaching walls - how much you use this tool in your modeling workflows? When I use attach tool I cannot modify wall layers - if the wall is attached for the other element I cannot unlock wall layers in order to manipulate with them separately.

Comment

Architecture > Model in Place > sweep.. in which category to put it?
              Last edited by mona miller; May 6, 2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I use the model line / fascia tool method as well.
                Dan

Comment

I think it was one of your threads that I learned the technique on!
                  Works like a charm :beer:

Comment

Dzatto, Could you please elaborate more about your method?

Comment