Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is does my ribbon look like this?

Hi All,

Everything has a sub-window now. How do I go back to the original style?

Thanks
    Attached Files

click on this little button and make sure that cycle through all is selected then click on the little button right to the left of the first one and cycle through the various ribbon configs until you get to where you want to be
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Like Dave said.

But whilst we're on the subject (and I've otherwise little else to do but question such things being other wise occupied by babysitting) does anyone ever use any of the ribbon GUI options? I mean, I pretty much know the OOTB by icon alone, but have never thought the ambiguity of the collapsed tiles worth the extra pixels.

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
        Like Dave said.

But whilst we're on the subject (and I've otherwise little else to do but question such things being other wise occupied by babysitting) does anyone ever use any of the ribbon GUI options? I mean, I pretty much know the OOTB by icon alone, but have never thought the ambiguity of the collapsed tiles worth the extra pixels.
        nope, never use any of the minimized options. I've a large enough monitor that space is not at a premium here. If I had to work on a laptop that would be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
          click on this little button and make sure that cycle through all is selected then click on the little button right to the left of the first one and cycle through the various ribbon configs until you get to where you want to be
          Dave, you meant this little button, right?
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure what's going on here..clicked that button and this is what I get.
            Attached Files

Comment

nope, never use any of the minimized options. I've a large enough monitor that space is not at a premium here. If I had to work on a laptop that would be a different story.
              THATS the button PijPiwo! Thanks for all of your help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
                Dave, you meant this little button, right?
                actually, the button that you indicate cycles the ribbon setups. The one I indicate sets the sequence of the cycle. So, my arrow pointing to the right side was correct for what I posted...point is: one can change the ribbon configs with this combination of buttons. Back to my Syrah...

Comment

actually, the button that you indicate cycles the ribbon setups. The one I indicate sets the sequence of the cycle. So, my arrow pointing to the right side was correct for what I posted...point is: one can change the ribbon configs with this combination of buttons. Back to my Syrah...
                  Dave, take a look at your picture again.
                  Back to my lager...

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
                    Dave, take a look at your picture again.
                    Back to my lager...
                    ah geez, Switch Windows. Minimize to Panel Buttons. What's the diff? That's what I get for doing 6 things at one time...

Comment