Restore hidden wall and windows in 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore hidden wall and windows in 3D

I used right click in the properties and selected hide in view to removed an exterior wall to see the interior design.

I used reveal hidden elements in the bottom toolbar then selected each elements, right click, then unhide in view.

Is there a fast way to just click unhide all elements?

Click on reveal hidden elements, select entire model, right click, unhide in view, elements.

…and if you want to unhide only all elements of the same category keeping others hidden, select entire model and use filter tool.
    Last edited by PijPiwo; March 4, 2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

If it's just a temporary thing, use the Temporary Hide/Isolate tool at the bottom of the view. It looks like a pair of glasses. You can temporarily hide objects and/or categories. You can keep using it over and over to hide more things (you don't have to get out of the command to add more stuff). When you're finished, hit the sunglasses again and choose "Reset Temporary Hide/Isolate" at the bottom of the list. It will put things back to the way they were before you started the command. Also, it puts a Cyan border around the view to let you know you are in temp hide/isolate mode.

Doesn't get any easier than that, unless maybe you set up view templates. But I don't think that will work for the occasional "hide a wall to see inside" need.
      Dan

Comment

To add to Dan's comment, select an item and type HH (temp. hide) and keep adding items as you need. To reset, just type HR to reset them all.

Comment

Good point. Shortcut keys. Create your own or get used to the OOTB ones. But start using shortcut keys. It will speed things up tremendously.
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
            Good point. Shortcut keys. Create your own or get used to the OOTB ones. But start using shortcut keys. It will speed things up tremendously.
            They do, to the point where I forget where many icons are on the ribbon...lol.

'RH' will show/hide hidden elements
            There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment