Naming Callout Bubbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming Callout Bubbles

I am pretty new to Revit. I know how to create callouts, and once I do, they are simply labeled as "-" over "---" or -/---. How do I label these? I'm not seeing how it is done. This seems like it should be simple.

place it on a sheet
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

The dashes just mean the view has not been placed on a sheet. Once you place the view on a sheet it will automatically fill the label information out.

Comment

Okay. How do you place the view on a sheet, then?

Comment

Load a sheet template (if it's not already loaded), then under the view tab, sheet composition panel, hit the sheet tool. It will bring up a list of the loaded sheets (you can also load a sheet there as well). Pick the one you want and hit okay.

Now, open that sheet. Find your view in the project browser and simply drag it onto the sheet.

And welcome to RFo and the wonderful world of Revit.
          Dan

Comment

And it's not just Callouts.
            Pretty much everything in Revit does that trick with the Detail Number and Sheet Name.
            Elevations, Sections, Callouts - anything with a Reference "bubble" on it will fill out once that View is placed on a Sheet.
            AND will update if the Sheet Number is changed. :thumbsup:
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks. I noticed that this particular partial elevation callout loads as 301 as default. I am not doing these in order and this one should be 3.36. Is there a way to make that change quickly and easily?

Comment

Nevermind. I figured it out! Thanks for all of the help. I'm sure that I'll need some more again real soon!

Comment