help with a earthship design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with a earthship design

hello I am just started a architecture degree. and have been amazed by revit. but I am currently stuck with assignment. does anyone know how to make a wall out of tyres( like the earthship design) or where I can download a tyre structure for walls. any advice or help would be most welcome

If you use a wall tool the best option I can think of off the cuff are:
    • Create a basic wall that is the right width (+/- 30") create a fill pattern that shows your tires
    • Use a curtain wall with custom panels
    • Use the massing tools along with a curtain wall (I know next to nothing about this)

Your sections will need some custom detail components for any method but that is the easy part (IMO)
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

I agree that a custom curtain wall with pre-specified spacing, mullions and panels would be worth a try. Should work, and it will tell you how many tires you need.

Comment

Don't earthship walls offset courses of tires? Like Bricks? Curtain wall won't help there, I don't think.
        Apparently BigBadBIM was taken, so MrBIMtastic it is.
        http://whosafraidofthebigbadbim.blogspot.com

Comment

Pattern-Based Curtain System Families

Originally posted by MrBIMtastic View Post
          Don't earthship walls offset courses of tires? Like Bricks? Curtain wall won't help there, I don't think.
          Sure the tyres should be offset like bricks. This would not use a normal curtain wall, but rather a "pattern-based curtain wall system" with an associated diamond "pattern". See Introduction to Pattern-Based Curtain System Families in Autodesk Revit Architecture - YouTube

Comment

AH, of course.
            Apparently BigBadBIM was taken, so MrBIMtastic it is.
            http://whosafraidofthebigbadbim.blogspot.com

Comment

... not saying I've actually tried this myself, but it should be possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment