CMU Model Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMU Model Hatch

It has been a while since I did CMU coursing, but for a project I am working on we have 390x190x190 CMU (400x200 with mortar). How do I get a model hatch to do this?

is the CMU really 15.748x7.87402x7.87402???
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

This is what is specified in the GOST specifications for the project.

Comment

well you will need to make a new pattern file with the correct pattern sizing.... hatch22 works well.
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          hatch22 works well.
          No longer free mind. Jus' sayin' - Gregory was right to make it so.

Comment

This might help. http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...-pat-file.html IDK though if 400x200 is a standard masonry unit size... but the metric pat file might have it already.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Are you talking about Elevations, or Wall Sections?
              Since you said "model hatch", I presume you mean Exterior Elevations.
              Go find your Revit.pat file (the metric one might have a slightly different name) and find another CMU pattern that's close. Or at least the same type of coursing.
              Then modify the distances to get your 400x200 (I wouldn't worry about the mortar unless you need to show it in a detail at a finer scale.)
              Might take a few tries, but a standard running bond pattern isn't too bad to figure out. The instructions are at the top of the .pat file.

Or buy Hatch-22:
              ##
              Last edited by DaveP; January 21, 2014, 05:39 PM. Reason: Damn it, Alex! I wish I could type faster.
              Dave Plumb
              BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Got it!!! Used Notepad++ and a few tutorials on how the text needed to be! Thanks for the help!
                Attached Files

Comment

Also, just found the .pat revit files which had this in it! Very cool.

Thanks again!

Comment

Just use the "simple brick" or "brick pattern with grout" tab of the attached spreadsheet and plug in your numbers.
                    Attached Files

Comment