X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing from Revit

Hi,
    I'm coming from ACad to Revit, and got familiar with the plotting system in ACad. Is there a way to do the same thing in Revit?
    To be more specific:
    I have an A1 sheet with a title block, and I want it printed on my plotter. The problem is that it leaves me blank areas around the sheet.
    Is there any possibility to print "with window" like in ACad?
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Hi,
    not, print as well in AutoCAD can not be.
    need to adjust the scale 100% for print 1:1
    if you select fit to page revit always leaves too much space around.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Nikita

BIM&Architecture

Comment

What if I have an A1 title block, but I want it printed on an A2? I have to compute the scale by myself? If I check "Fit to page" will leave me a lot of blank space around the block.

Comment

Yes, but it is easier to pick (enter - watch the preview).
        A1 - A2 ~ 70%
        Regards,
        Nikita

BIM&Architecture

Comment

This is one of my biggest complaints about Revit. The ACA print dialogue is way better. I vote they change Revit to the Acad print box for 2012. Who's with me?!
          Dan

Comment

Yes, you are right. Maybe we should put this on the wishlist. Ploting with window is a very nice feature in Acad.

Comment

Agreed ! But what whishlist ? :blah:

There´s a few tips on this blog, which will make it a little easier to print entire sets, but yes, it can only get better from here. :beer:
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Yep, and so much easier than plotting what's visible. The major problem with that is dual monitors. I stretch revit across 2 screens, so what shows up on my monitor isn't what plots when I use that method. I have to maximize the active window across both screens for it to work. Major pain in the culo.

Not to mention the fact that Revit plots in alphabetical order. That's just crazy to me. Why on earth would they make it so you can't put the sheet in the order you want??
                Dan

Comment

What do you think, if I export to dwg and plot from Acad?

Comment

Too many steps. Plus it probably won't look right. I'd just spend the time to figure out your ratios once, then set them up in Revit. You can save different set ups, although I think you need to do it for every project unless you have a template set up you can do it in. Not really sure.
                    Dan

Comment