View range help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View range help!

I'm currently working on a car dealership and I'm having problems with some 2nd floor architectural items showing up on my first floor plan. The office building and service building are attached to each other. The office side of the building has 2 floors while the service side is open and 2 floors high. The problem is I want to show the piping in the service area that goes up and is routed along the ceiling but when I adjust my view range to include an appropriate top elevation to show this piping, it's also showing some architectural features from the 2nd floor on the first floor of the office side of the building (i.e. counters from the second floor are showing up on my first floor). Since the architects model is linked in, I can't individually select the counters from the second floor and hide them. How can I make this work so that only first floor features show up on the office side of the building but doesn't cut off my piping at that same level so in the service side of the building I can see the piping all the way up to the ceiling?

I hope this makes sense.

BTW, I'm using Revit MEP 2013

To answer your question, you should use a plan region from the View Tab. This will allow you to select the area of the floor plan you want to adjust the view range separately from the rest of the plan. You can even turn links like the architectural model off if needed. You mentioned that you could individually turn off the architectural furniture, that is not true if you the tab key enough you can select an object from a linked file individually and hide it. Hope this helps.
    Robert Szudzik, LEED AP
    Architectural Designer/BIM Manager
    Wendel Companies
    Buffalo ~ New York Metro ~ Washington DC ~ Richmond ~ Minneapolis ~ Phoenix

Comment

Or don't worry about using plan regions and have two plans that show the entire building. The first floor shows the lower level of the office and utility drop locations in the service area. The 2nd floor plan shows the upper office plan and the horizontal pipes at the top of the service area.
      John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

This was answered in a duplicate thread. I flagged the thread but I guess mod's didn't see it, or want to do anything about it.
        Tannar Z. Frampton ™
        Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Yep saw that. Thanks. Plan regions often times play havoc with M&E elements so I try to avoid them. Was offering an alternate solution to plan regions.
          John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment