sites for revit families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sites for revit families

Please recommend me sites where I can download revit families...

Originally posted by mona miller View Post
    Please recommend me sites where I can download revit families...
    Here is a great place to get Aaron Maller's (User: TwiceRoadFools) awesome and graciously shared door families...HERE... Go to the end of the last page of that post string (read the string as well)...

Outside of that, or making one's own content I do not trust much content from "the wild".

Much of it can have serious issues...including what's on Autodesk SEEK, as well as from Manufacturers...it's getting better but not to the level of an explicit recommendation.

Others will probably, if not hopefully weigh in with recommendations though :-) If you do download (generally NOT from RevitCity) then I suggest testing each family in a proxy project (not a live project for work) before placing anyone else's content into your workflow.
    -J
    http://about.me/JayZallan
    Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

Comment

If you'd like a web site that provides a comprehensive list of places you can find content check out BlueBryk. It is not a site to get content, they are trying to provide a "master" list of sites that do provide content. Registering gives you more access to information and voting rights on quality of the listed content sites.

Comment

Good one Steve. Registering now. Already seen one content provider whose families are entirely 3ddwg based.
        Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment

Originally posted by biff
          ...Registering now. Already seen one content provider whose families are entirely 3ddwg based...
          Quality voting helps us all!

Comment

Ive been dis-enchanted to discovered that even some of the content manufacturers who are pretty vocal about being BIM savvy, are largely CAD imports. After seeing SO much posting on LinkedIn from Bradley Plumbing Fixtures, when one of our teams wanted to use a Bradley combo lav, I said what the heck, ill DL the entire library and start going through the Beck Cleanup process to get them dropped in to our office library.

Ran the Parameter revision tool on it, loaded in what parameters we needed, then removed all the crap we don’t… To all 400 families.

Then opened them to find overly nested cad imports for half of the shapes. After two families I gave up. Trash bin for those.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
              Ive been dis-enchanted to discovered that even some of the content manufacturers who are pretty vocal about being BIM savvy, are largely CAD imports. After seeing SO much posting on LinkedIn from Bradley Plumbing Fixtures, when one of our teams wanted to use a Bradley combo lav, I said what the heck, ill DL the entire library and start going through the Beck Cleanup process to get them dropped in to our office library.

Ran the Parameter revision tool on it, loaded in what parameters we needed, then removed all the crap we don’t… To all 400 families.Then opened them to find overly nested cad imports for half of the shapes. After two families I gave up. Trash bin for those.
              Weird. All the Bradley families I've used have been native Revit.. Which ones were you looking at?
              Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
              BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Verge Lavatory Systems, all three families from the VLD series. But your post makes me more optimistic, so maybe ill continue looking through them to see If the rest of the library is good. The VLD's have overly nested CAD junk in them and I just don't even want to take the time to mess with the whole system if theyre like that.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I've got a bunch of their accessories (partitions, tp dispensers, towel dispensers etc) and haven't had any problems after a little cleaning. My only complaint is that some of it is overly nested with a lot of parameters to control which option you see. The shower heads come to mind but I'm sure there are a few others.
                  Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
                  BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Most of the Bradley Families I have used have been pretty good, some clean up needed but no nested CAD crap thankfully.

Comment