Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Autocad do 2d parametrics like Revit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Autocad do 2d parametrics like Revit?

I know I'm on a Revit forum, but I'm wondering if you guys might know the answer to this:

Do any current versions of AutoCAD do 3d parametrics like Revit?

Amstrad,

don't know the answer, but you might want to post this question on AUGI.com and get some response from autocad user there.
    HTH
    Philip Chan
    Practice Technology Manager | HKS
    http://phil-osophyinbim.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thread title says 2D parametric but text in post says 3D parametric. Define "like Revit".

In blocks, dynamic blocks using constraints approximate Revit family parameters. Similar concepts different implementation/application.
      In project files, using AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP there are walls, doors, windows, ducts, pipes etc. but different assumptions and automatic relationships.

Why do you ask? Looking for alternatives to Revit? As suggested AUGI's has forums dedicated to AutoCAD and its vertical applications (AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP).
      Last edited by Steve_Stafford; December 18, 2013, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Closest "AutoCAD" to Revit is AutoCAD Architecture.....since that is what I am using right now, yeah, there are some similarities. BUT nothing as simple as Revit is.

And even AUGI's ACA forums are deserted....everyone went to Revit....luckily I know the moderator for those forums and I get some info from him...and he is the only one that responded to my ACA questions anyway...
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment