Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Plan View missing

Hi all,
    Firstly, My name is Dave and this is my first visit here, i've been using auto cad for a few years and have now started to make the transition to Revit MEP.
    i've just started my very first revit project and am already pulling my hair out i had a search but cant find my answer.

I have linked in an Architects drawing into an Mechanical template, in my project browser i have only got floor plans,ceiling plans and elevations,
    i need to add a Roof plan so that i can put together a lightning protection drawing but am unable to work out how to add the roof plan view ?

anyone able to help a newbie out ?

Many thanks

Dave

You can make one by duplicating any floor plan view. Depending on what you need to show in your view, use either the highest level or 1st floor plan and change the view range (for either method.) Set the height above the tallest point of the building and you view depth / bottom to a level that shows what you need. Edit the cut-plane to be above the building as well.

2013-12-14_1133 - cellophane's library

If you use the ground floor your view will show anything on the ground, for a lightning protection i would assume you need to show the run from the rod to the ground so this is probably your best bet.
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Hi, Thank you for our quick reply,
      i thought that was what i needed to do but for some reason it still doesn't work it doesn't come up with any error messages or anything, it just doesn't change the view ?
      could it be anything to do with how the building is linked in ?

Dave

Comment

Check your view graphics and make sure everything is turned on. If you have overrides to the linked file you will need to check those as well.
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment