Three rooms - one room description.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three rooms - one room description.

I have three "joined" rooms that revit considers separate but are labeled as one room on the original plan: a handbasin area and two toilet cubicles. Is it possible to have all these rooms incorporated and labeled as one room with the room & room tag?

If so, how may I go about this?

Ciao for now.
    Say something interesting....

Originally posted by Gabriel Black View Post
    that revit considers separate
    Revit considers them seperate because they've been modelled seperate, remove the room seperation lines, or wall-bounding of the wall instances deviding them and use one room?

Or is that you do want the washbasin and toilet cubicles to be considered as rooms for another purpose?

You'd do well to consider the implication of both - and consider using area-plans for sub-division of "rooms" if it's an area-compliance/study you're doing.

PS : There is always giving the rooms an additional parameter (say "room-group-name") like many do with apartments (for apartment plans using rooms for the color scheme to avoid re-drafted, orphaned, area plan linework) - but that gets fugly when you've other rooms that don't need the differentiation/information.

Comment

Snowyweston you biscuit!!!
      I removed the wall-bounding and it does exactly as I require! I'm more interested in the scheduling of mechanical equipment (diffusers and such) in rooms and the client has this area (the three rooms together) as one location.
      To better communicate needs and requirements in these rooms it's of course easier if I can draw schedules etc with the clients description and list of rooms.

Thank you for the help!
      Say something interesting....

Comment