Stair Railings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stair Railings

Is there any way of achiving this type of railing for a stair (see images below)? As you can see, the railing stop at the landing (last thread) of the stair & loop back to the middle rail... Any suggestion?
    8.5X11.jpg

Definitely. A custom Post will get you anything actually. For stopping it you just need to edit the sketch

Comment

What do you mean by "editing the sketch"?

Comment

Originally posted by jean_francois_nant View Post
        What do you mean by "editing the sketch"?
        Select the railing and then click the 'edit' button that appears in your modify tab.

@ Daniel, I'd love to see the custom post that does what's pictured. Do you have one?
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Just created one for you Elton, 15-20 mins
          CustomRailingPost.jpg

Comment

Nice! Do you need to know the stair angle to create this post or does it adjust automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by DanielHurtubise View Post
              Just created one for you Elton, 15-20 mins
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15180[/ATTACH]

Can you get it to join cleanly around the 180 turn at the mid level landing? I can get it done with an AC but I've never seemed to be able to figure it out using a regular railing.
              Attached Files

Comment

That sketch comes from AutoCAD... BTW I cannot get anything done... The way i see this is that each stair have a different slope so building an end post for each angle & editing the railling family type seems to be time consuming... Plus i am a newbe on revit & i've never really sketch a railling before... Thanks for helping...

Comment

That sketch comes from AutoCAD...
                  Indeed, the colours give it away

BTW I cannot get anything done... The way i see this is that each stair have a different slope so building an end post for each angle & editing the railling family type seems to be time consuming... Plus i am a newbe on revit & i've never really sketch a railling before... Thanks for helping...
                  Although most of what you'll ever need can be created natively, creating custom railings is very time consuming and confusing compared to other areas of Revit. IMHO the railing tool still needs a lot of development. There is a great video by Julien Benoit where he creates an adaptive component as a railing for stairs (or anywhere else).

Comment

Thank you very much Elton! This forum is great!

Comment