Sweep in project for Toe Kick cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweep in project for Toe Kick cabinets

Hey guys, I have created kitchen cabinets and imported them into my project file house, but my cabinet sits on adjustable legs, which we then apply a toe kick underneath. So does anyone know how to create a sweep with a profile along the bottom of my cabinets.

thank you.

The sweeps are gonna want a wall or roof to apply too. instead of doing a sweep for this application, why not create a model in place component?
    Robert Szudzik, LEED AP
    Architectural Designer/BIM Manager
    Wendel Companies
    Buffalo ~ New York Metro ~ Washington DC ~ Richmond ~ Minneapolis ~ Phoenix

Comment

Line based generic model is my fave. You can put em anywhere, and being GMs you can join them for a clean look.

Gordon
      Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

well i have all my cabinets in place, I thought maybe there was a way to go to the elevation plan, and just quickly draw a line along the front of my cabinets but inset 80mm. That would be a lot easier, but if that's not possible then yeah id just have to do go to family and draw it in there and import it after, only problem with that way is that if there is some changes, then i gotta edit the family and adjust it and then update it.

Originally posted by robieszuds View Post
        The sweeps are gonna want a wall or roof to apply too. instead of doing a sweep for this application, why not create a model in place component?

Comment

what do u mean by GMs? thanks.

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
          Line based generic model is my fave. You can put em anywhere, and being GMs you can join them for a clean look.

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by hastyle View Post
            GM = Generic Model which can be joined and cut in the project environment unlike many other family categories.

Comment

Originally posted by hastyle View Post
              GM = a family of the generic model category. Modelled geometry of this type can be 'joined' to create a seemingly single element.

(edit, dsmelcer beat me to it)

if you create your family with parameters you can adjust it in the project without editing the family.
              Last edited by elton williams; December 4, 2013, 03:31 PM.
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

yeah, I'd stay away from MIP's. Line based was the second thing I thought of when I read your question. My first thought, though, was why not just model the toe kick in your cabinet family?
                Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                  ..... why not just model the toe kick in your cabinet family?
                  Exactly what I have (and many others I'm sure) as my kitchen are created one cabinet at a time. The issue there though is that the kicker panel is a separate across each cabinet with separation lines showing and not a single clean strip all the way across all cabinets as per actual construction. Line work set to invisible would be a quick cleanup method too I suppose.
                  There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
                    Exactly what I have (and many others I'm sure) as my kitchen are created one cabinet at a time. The issue there though is that the kicker panel is a separate across each cabinet with separation lines showing and not a single clean strip all the way across all cabinets as per actual construction. Line work set to invisible would be a quick cleanup method too I suppose.
                    We have it in the family too, the downside of using the invisible line trick is if you reload the family after you've used it the line resets, the upside is that you don't have to worry about drawing it or making sure it moves with the family. I think it will take some experimentation and depend how you use and document casework to find the best fit.
                    Julie Kidder
                    Architect + BIM Director
                    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment