3D view from above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D view from above

Hi. I have seen that this kind of view is possible in Revit but I cant seem to be able to achieve it.

Direct from above but in angled in a way that you can see all walls to show depth.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Totally Possible. You need to place a Camera view, looking straight down (or as close as you can get it).
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Jamma79 View Post
      Hi. I have seen that this kind of view is possible in Revit but I cant seem to be able to achieve it.

Direct from above but in angled in a way that you can see all walls to show depth.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15124[/ATTACH]
      3D Isometric "Plan"
      Open 3D View>(at the view cube hover over the hiding little down arrow)>Orient To View or Orient to Direction
      Orient To View with, say a plan view will respect the cut plane, etc.

3D Perspective "Plan"
      Cut 2 section views that cross in the middle of the project or area in question>Create a camera view (pointing as straight down as possible (from high enough to capture the area in question) -the 2 sections are to triangulate the exact camera location

In camera's watch orient to view as that can send your camera unnecessarily high ;-)
      -J
      http://about.me/JayZallan
      Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

Comment

Quick method for single story.
        Place a camera view anywhare in plan view. Then in the "created perspective view" hit "top" on the view cube, hide roof, done.

Edit
        or Jay's way to focus on a cut plane or level
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mark b; November 27, 2013, 09:49 PM.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Marvelous folks. Many thanks!

Comment