Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Segment Dimension Leader Visibility?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Segment Dimension Leader Visibility?

    it's nice that 2012 now has a way to turn off dimension leaders but is there a way to have off be the default and not have to change each and every dimension to Always Off instead of By Element?
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    #2
    Damn...:banghead: thought that new selection box was a default, but no!!
    Why is off by default so hard to impliment.
    I think we need a poll.
    Dimension Leaders
    Preference Off by Default or On By Default.
    I am willing to put money on the OFF's
    Surely this is just a ini. tweak to turn it off.
    Last edited by mark b; May 7, 2011, 03:09 AM.
    Mark Balsom

    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mark b View Post
      Surely this is just a ini. tweak to turn it off.
      I wish this was the case!
      Luke Johnson | Autodesk Expert Elite Member
      Author of What Revit Wants

      Comment


        #4
        It is very annoying.
        We simply "select all" and then toggle the leader button.
        Not ideal, but does do all the dims at once, so not too painful.
        Andrew Harp
        BIM Manager GHD
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
        If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

        Comment


          #5
          Do you mind explaining why off by default would be preferred?
          Jeff Hanson
          Sr. Subject Matter Expert
          Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

          Comment


            #6
            Jeff I am sure if you took a poll you would find "off by default" would be prefered option.
            Personally the distance I move 95% of my dimension do not warrant a leader and tend to make dimension strings untidy.
            My opinion, anybody else....?
            Attached Files
            Mark Balsom

            If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mark b View Post
              Jeff I am sure if you took a poll you would find "off by default" would be prefered option.
              Personally the distance I move 95% of my dimension do not warrant a leader and tend to make dimension strings untidy.
              My opinion, anybody else....?
              I agree. There are virtually no situations in my work that dimensions would require a leader. Never used them in that other program and don't need them in Revit
              I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

              Comment


                #8
                That's strange. Since you deal with details and very small dimensions. Don't you ever need to take the text string out of the dimension when it doesn't fit in the available space? , not even in "that other program"?
                Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

                Comment


                  #9
                  I use the leaders occasionally, but mostly for dimensioning the width of walls, where I dont want the string to be placed on top of the wall... Dont really care if it´s default or not - Probably 50/50 turning them off for me...
                  Klaus Munkholm
                  "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                    That's strange. Since you deal with details and very small dimensions. Don't you ever need to take the text string out of the dimension when it doesn't fit in the available space? , not even in "that other program"?
                    all of the time, but when I do, as Mark b has noted, the dimension is so close to it's actual home that no leader is required to indicate where it belongs
                    Attached Files
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X