Saving Coordinates to Linked Workshared File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Coordinates to Linked Workshared File

Thanks to Steve Stafford's help I was able to get my site and building file linked correctly with Shared Coordinates and it all works well provided I'm the only one in the files.

The problem comes when a teammate has his local copy of the building open and I, from the site file, try to save back changes to the building location. I don't have the exact error message but it's something about how the linked file has changed since it was last opened and I am unable to save out the location changes. In fact I get caught in a save loop and end up losing work! I thought at first he was actually in the central but he says no.

I should be able to save out changes to shared coordinates in a workshared environment right? What gives?
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Publishing shared coordinates is the only Revit operation that allows saving changes to a linked file. It requires access to the Project Standards workset to do that. If that's already borrowed or owned by another user working in that file then it won't be able to complete the task. If worksets are not being used on that project then the other user has to close the project so you can publish. For a site with multiple buildings it is best to save the publishing for some "alone time", or just warn users they need to SwC or close the project for a short time so you can publish coordinates.

Re-reading your post... it could also be linked DWG files. The wording of the error you describe suggests it may be this situation.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; November 1, 2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

That last link does sound like the error message. When my teammate gets back I'll check if he was working on the linked DWG in the linked RVT. I'm pretty sure he was.

Thanks again!
      Greg McDowell Jr
      about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment