Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Markers when discipline changes

Does anyone know if this is possible.

I have a mechanical plan drawing ductwork etc and i've added some sections through the plan. I've added these sections and plan to a sheet. I want to change the sections to discipline Architectural, however when I do this the section markers on the Mechanical plan disappear.

I need my plan to show these section markers but still need the section to have the discipline architectural. Can this be done?

Thanks

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Originally posted by domsib View Post
    Does anyone know if this is possible.

I have a mechanical plan drawing ductwork etc and i've added some sections through the plan. I've added these sections and plan to a sheet. I want to change the sections to discipline Architectural, however when I do this the section markers on the Mechanical plan disappear.

I need my plan to show these section markers but still need the section to have the discipline architectural. Can this be done?

Thanks
    Never worked in mep discipline but have you checked your view template settings and/ or filters?
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

My View template has sections switched on under the annotation categories for my mechanical plan. Anything else I should check for?

Domsib

Comment

Originally posted by domsib View Post
        My View template has sections switched on under the annotation categories for my mechanical plan. Anything else I should check for?
        You don't say if you checked any filters. Is the section view placed on a sheet? They can also be filtered to not show up by 'not on sheets'.
        Is it ANY architectural section not showing up or just this particular instance? Do your architectural sections show up in other views?
        Do you have 'hide at scales coarser than....' set to your architectural sections?
        As I said I've not worked in mep discipline so I'm not sure of any default mep settings.

Comment

I have 3 sections set up, the sections themselves show up on the sheet. It is the section indicator on the mechanical plan that doesn't show up.

So when I send the drawing out everyone can see the sections but not what orientation they are from.

If you have a plan open draw a section, then click this section line and change the discipline from whatever it is to another discipline the section indicator disappears on that plan. Its not MEP specific if you change it to structural or architectural it disappears.

I don't have any filters set up.

Domsib

Comment

Do you mean you can see the section line without the marker head/tails? If so you need to set these in the type properties. Maybe you could post some screen shots. Have you read through this thread?

Comment

No the section line disappears along with the marker heads/tails. pt 1.pngpt 2.png See the screenshots how i change from mechanical to architectural and it disappears.

Domsib

Comment

here's a blog post I found discussing the discipline issue. Seems it's intended (and unchangable) behaviour that requires your section type to match your view discipline, or it will remain hidden...

edit- just cranked up Revit (it's almost 9pm and 4 beers later here), seems that setting the views discipline to 'coordination' will allow an architectural section to be displayed. Hope this works for you.
                Last edited by elton williams; October 16, 2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Elton,

Thanks for the help. Coordination doesn't quite fit my needs as it changes a few visual aspects of my plan but now having read the post you linked to I know that it isn't meant to be and I can stop trying. Thanks again.

Domsib

Comment

As Elton said, that's the intended behavior between different disciplines, but you can still use the "reference other view" checkbox when placing the section to include them on your plan. They won't be live if the sections move, but the view information will still be correct.

Comment