Cannot tag over filled regions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot tag over filled regions?

Hi all, a colleague of mine ask me why he cannot tag over a filled region, he is using the spot elevation tag over a floor that contains filled regions, but there are some parts of the floor that he can tag and others that is not possible, anybody knows why?, tnx in advance.
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

Spot Elevation and Coordinates must be able to "see" the face or the element. If something obscures it then Revit can't "see" it. Same thing happens when a view uses wireframe, the surface is transparent and the Spot Elevation tool can't see the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
      Spot Elevation and Coordinates must be able to "see" the face or the element. If something obscures it then Revit can't "see" it. Same thing happens when a view uses wireframe, the surface is transparent and the Spot Elevation tool can't see the surface.
      Hi Steve, and tnx for your quick reply, the first thing I thought was that you said, but the bizarre thing here is that there are one more filled region with the same type of region put in the model ant for this region the tag works properly see image below

filled.PNG

The First red "circle" at the left corner shows a little change in the filled region boundary to be able to tag the floor under the region, the second circle located at the middle of the screenshot shows the elevation I need to get which is possible to see by modifying the filled region boundary, the third circle shows the area where the tag is capable to show the floor elevation by simply put the tag into the model, so that's my deal there, I don't know why if I put the same filled region in two different parts I'm only capable to tag just one, tnx again.
      Attached Files
      Andres Franco
      Forum Addict
      Last edited by Andres Franco; October 15, 2013, 09:14 PM.
      Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
      Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
      "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
      E.A Poe

Comment