Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Material Tag for Faucet don't work, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Tag for Faucet don't work, why?

Hi all I need your help to solve this: I'm tagging by material several objects in my model, but when I try to tag the family Faucet-Bradley_Corp-Aerada_1200_Series_CS, which I attached in this thread, I'm not able to do that, why?, those are the steps I've follow

1. I'm using the same material tag for all my objects, so the tag works properly.
    2. I assigned a material to all the elements I want to tag by material.
    3. I checked out if the family has a material and yes it is.

so, if you have any Idea please comment, best regards.
    Attached Files
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

I took a quick look at the family, the reason it won't tag is because the forms which have a material applied are only visible in 3-d. The detail components that are seen in section can't have a material, and thus won't tag in other views. If the family needs to be tagged the modeled components need to be visible in the appropriate views.
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Just another subtle example why the "tow the line" mantra of no 3D elements visible in plan views is often nutty advice.

Comment

Hi JMK, tnx a lot I don't see those detail components until you mention it, jejejeje, I just seek for the reason that the material tag doesn't work, that explains all, best regards.
        Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
        Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
        "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
        E.A Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
          Just another subtle example why the "tow the line" mantra of no 3D elements visible in plan views is often nutty advice.
          xAThousand. Freaking hate that stuff.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment